Saturday, February 26, 2022

The Tomb of Horrors



I put this together last weekend inspired by some diorama boxes I have seen online. I have had the making of some sort of Tomb of Horrors project for sometime and I began casting Hirst blocks in the Egyptian theme some time ago with some sketches done for  3' x 3' larger dungeon layout that was similarly themed. Since then I have put the breaks on large terrain projects, because while they are fun to build the rarely get used and take up tons of space and the wall of boxes in my basement represents. The goal was make something I could get done in a weekend start to finish and use to take photos with.



As mentioned last couple of posts , I have been getting into different painting techniques specifically using Oil Paints and here we have the results on terrain, the entire piece was primed with a pale yellow acrylic and the rest is all Oils, Black, Umber, some Blues and Greens. I am really enjoying working with Oils and have quickly become a staple for everything I am working on right now. The Tomb of Horrors bits where made by Hirst Arts forum regular from years back who was selling this mold of custom pieces and I quickly bought one when I had the chance..this was years ago now and I am not sure, if its still available, if anyone does know who made these bits please let me know so I can credit them.


Skeletons by Games Workshop, Tomb of Horrors Mummy by Gale Force 9


7 of the 13 Henchmen from the recently released Henchmen and Hirelings box set from Reaper Miniatures, I painted these guys back in December.




 The Tomb of Horrors bits where made by Hirst Arts forum regular from years back who was selling this mold of custom pieces and I quickly bought one when I had the chance..this was years ago now and I am not sure, if its still available, if anyone does know who made these bits please let me know so I can credit them.


 I have alot of projects going on right now after a long glut and absence from doing all that much
I seem to be reinspired to finish old and take on new projects, Red Harvest terrain is coming along
and I painted up a couple Vampires I picked up for the Undead warband, by the time my daughter and I get a chance to actually try out Warcry, its will be a couple months yet before everything is painted , if I dont get too distracted by one-off projects like this....

2 comments:

Xander said...

Magnificent stuff. Those Reaper henchmen and hirelings are some of the coolest minis I've painted in a while too. I loved 'em!

Bryon said...

I'm really liking the paint on the dungeon. It looks ancient and evil.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online