Monday, May 11, 2009

Castillo de San Cristóbal

The Spanish Main campaign is this Friday night, here is another new piece of terrain I've completed which is set up here as the "Castillo de San Cristóbal" or San Juan Prison if you'd like, for the Prison Break Scenario.


The attacking players view as the scenario begins


The piece is actually 8 sections that fit together in variety of configurations
these pieces will also be the walls for my Osgiliath Table, which is slowly but surely continuing forward, expect a major update for that in the next month. The pieces are by Miniatures Scenery, AUS or CNC workshop as they are also known. I currently own a lot of their stuff
and if you familar with it you can see the modification's I've made to the stock kit..every thing is made from 1/8" MDF so it very easy to make your own bits to dress up the stock pieces.
Basically here all I did was square off the jagged walkways..to make them look like walkways as opposed to a collapsed roof..I also added interior detail to the inside walls for appearance sake.






The front gate is custom piece as well, a piece of MDF cut to fit and dressed up
with some different sized plastic I-beams I had laying around from my 40K bitz.








Here is a close up of the texture I applied to all these pieces...standard Krylon textured spray paint. Getting the application correct was a bit of a learning curve but the end results are great. the Spanish Soldier is one of my finished member of my crew of Spanish Privateers who will playing in the campaign and defending this prison in round 1.

I've got one more update of buildings before the event takes place so look for that soon..I may even get my crew done in time to photograph and post them!

2 comments:

sovietspace said...

That looks completely awesome mate - a really good job!

I wish I had the energy to devote to making scenery. Those that do always impress me :)

Tim Kulinski said...

John,

That looks nice man, I like it. I saw the Miniatures Scenery stuff last year at Adepticon and have been kicking myself for not getting some of it. Looking forward to see how your campaign day goes...

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online